This salad is beautiful to look at, delicious and packed full of veggie goodness. It features a cornucopia of vegetables and greens including creamy avocado both in the salad and mixed with luscious Meyer lemon juice in the dressing. This is a dish fit for guests either as a main dish with bread and perhaps a nice mushroom soup or as a scene stealing side dish or appetizer.
Arugula & Baby spinach greens (about 4 cups in total)
1 yellow beet, grated or spiral cut
2 carrots cut into thin ribbons
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
6 slices yellow pepper
1-2 cups pea shoots
microgreens or sprouts – about 1 cup
1 avocado, sliced
Handful chopped raw pistachios
2 Meyer lemons, juiced
1 1/2 teaspoon chopped red onion
6 basil leaves
6 stems fresh dill
1/3 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
3 drops stevia
1 teaspoon maple syrup
• Begin at the bottom of each bowl with arugula.
• Add beets to the middle and then surround it with the other vegetables.
• Finish with the pea shoots, microgreens and pistachios.
• Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
• Process at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
• Pour over the salad.
• If you’re entertaining, pour it into a gravy dish and let guests help themselves.
Makes two dinner-size salads or four side salads.