Grilled Beef Cobb Salad with Prosciutto and Grilled Lemon-Roasted Garlic Dressing
A salad can consist of some greens and chopped tomato with a bit of bottled dressing from the grocery store. Or… it can be a true work of art. This salad featured succulent grilled beef, delicious veggies and a tasty vinaigrette made with grilled lemons and herbs. It’s a great choice for those very hot days when a heavier dish is out of place and it’s perfect for summer entertaining.
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
4 sprigs rosemary
8 ounces, beef tenderloin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Grilled Lemon-Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette:
2 lemons, halved, seeds removed and grilled cut side down until golden brown
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped shallot
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
3 cloves roasted garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
Grilled Lemon-Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
Grilled Beef Tenderloin, diced
8 slices prosciutto, julienned
12 scallions, grilled and chopped
2 yellow tomatoes, diced
2 red tomatoes, diced
1 1/2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola
4 hard cooked eggs, peeled and diced
2 Haas avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a shallow baking dish. Add the beef tenderloin, making sure to coat all sides. Cover and marinade overnight in the fridge, ideally, or for at least two hours.
- When you’re ready to grill, season the beef pieces with salt and pepper and grill about 5 minutes on each side.
- Let it cool about 10 minutes and then cut into bite-sized chunks.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a cup, adding more if necessary to make about 1/4 cup.
- Combine with shallots, rosemary and garlic.
- Whisk in the olive oil until the mixture is blended. (Use a blender if you choose.)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the romaine lettuce with 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette.
- Arrange lettuce on each plate.
- Add prosciutto, scallions, tomatoes, Gorgonzola, eggs and avocado. Arrange them artfully on the plate.