- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked chicken, finely diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 30 mini phyllo shells
- Heat the oven to 350º. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. In another bowl, toss together the chicken, chilies, cilantro, lemon juice and cheese.
- Place the phyllo shells on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of chicken filling into each shell, then add about 1 teaspoon of the egg mixture. Let the shells sit for about a minute so the egg can settle to the bottom. Then add about another teaspoon of egg to each shell, filling it close to the top.
- Bake the cups until the custard is set, about 15 minutes. After the cups have cooled, freeze them for up to 2 weeks. To serve, simply reheat them in a 350º oven until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes
Did you know? Monterey Jack got its name from Monterey, California, where it was first made. David Jacks was the businessman who sold it.